Let's face it, a brand new home and a brand new office will only stay fresh if it is clean. We have never been more obsessed with cleanliness and housekeeping in our lives until we started operating from a home studio.
A question that has been bugging us is how often and how long should we be cleaning certain things such as the bathroom, the fan, and our rugs? We turned to ze internetz for answers and here are seven links that we found really helpful.
1. You can always trust Martha Stewart to have the right answers!
2. Wait a minute, do you even know how often you should be cleaning everything?
3. It is time to get and stay motivated to start cleaning your home.
4. Everyone gets overwhelmed sometimes but it is totally possible to get through it.
5. Do you know how to keep a cleaner house for a longer time?
6. Clean smarter and faster with these useful and simple hacks!
7. Now, on the flip side, are you over-cleaning your home?
Here's to healthy bodies with clean homes and offices!
After two weeks of get-togethers and hearty feasting, it is finally time to wind down the Lunar New Year celebrations. It was fun while it lasted, but we are so ready for some downtime to unwind. If you have no plans for the weekend except chilling on the couch, here are seven interesting links to keep you entertained.
1. Inspiration for an art print design and a reminder for small acts of kindness.
2. Have you seen all 100 movies in this list?
3. Homemade cheddar cheese crackers anyone? Yes please!
4. Popular searches on Google in 2017.
5. Is there an unspoken elevator etiquette in Japan?
6. The IKEA Dictionary. Now we finally know what KNOPPÄNG means.
7. And a gorgeous dog cake for the year of the dog.
Kick back, chill out and have a restful weekend!
With Love, Min+Jia.
It is no secret that we love our music and that songs are usually blaring in the studio all day long. While thinking of a topic for this week's Sunday Sevens, we realised that the soundtrack to our past week was strangely nostalgic and multi-lingual. So, here's a look back at the past seven days and the music that came with it.
1. The unofficial ear worm of the studio for the past few months and our favourite chorus to change the lyrics to.
2. Our personal prayer song every day of every year.
3. Our friend heard it in the gym and was reminded of Jia's husband who loves this Chinese song, and most importantly, why was the gym even playing such a song?!
4. A morbid story arose during dinner with our friends about this Cantonese song.
5. Recalling fond and hilarious memories of dance performances in secondary school.
6. There was a weird moment during the week when this song was stuck in our heads at the same time. We didn't even listen to this song!
7. Sometimes, we like a bit of Spanish melodrama in the studio.
What was one song that featured memorably during your week?
With Love, Min+Jia.
We have been so overwhelmed with work since the end of May that we barely have the time to catch up with our friends and family members. With hectic schedules and ticking deadlines, our attempts at maintaining a clean diet has been shot as our meals mainly involves fast takeaways from eateries around us. But hooray, our first free weekend is in sight with a lighter work week ahead! To celebrate, we are hitting the grocery stores to scoop up ingredients from these recipes.
1. What a yummy breakfast idea!
2. Beat the heat with some icy fruity goodness.
3. Hallou, it's mi, your favourite vegetarian burger.
4. A Kale rice bowl sounds like just the right clean meal after an oily and fried week!
5. Head down to the pool with a mojito to enjoy the weekend.
6. Sometimes, you get the kimchi cravings and you just got to try your hand at making it.
7. Nothing like a decadent dark chocolate tart to end off the week.
Do you have a great recipe to share with us?
With Love, Min+Jia.
In our humble opinion, April is the month when Singapore emerges from the slumber of the first quarter and begins to show signs of life. There is a whole lot of exciting and new events happening around our humble island this month and these are the seven we are definitely going to check out!
1. Admire gorgeous tulip and hyacinth displays at Tulipmania.
2. Appreciate the artistry behind tattooing.
3. Bask in the vibe of hipster Bangkok at Artbox Singapore (psst, we will be there!).
4. Contemplate life and its mysteries within the vast universe.
5. Shop with indie brands at the Public Garden Consumer Trade Show, say hi to us!
6. Run, rave and party at a very different race.
7. Indulge in good books from around the world.
Are you going for any of these events?
With Love, Min+Jia,
The humans behind honey&gazelle Design Studio. When we are not frantically working, we share our mishmash of thoughts on design, life, and love here. Grab a cuppa and stay for a bit!